My fave recipes are the ones that you would think would take all day in the kitchen baking, but are actually super simple. It’s the best kind of trick. Between you and me, this recipe is one of them! This is my Ferrero Rocher Dessert Bowls! For more chocolate dessert bowls check out my Chocolate Mousse Bowls and Watermelon Ice Cream Bowls!
My greatest suggestion for this recipe would be to try and work quickly at the beginning when you’re coating the balloons with chocolate. You don’t want the balloon to pop and to have chocolate explore all over you (it’s messy and quite startling!). Then, when you take the bowls out of the freezer, gently squeeze the balloon to pull it away from the sides of your bowl before popping it.
- Blow up four water balloons.
- Dip a balloon into a bowl of melted chocolate. Then, sprinkle crushed peanuts over the melted chocolate on the balloon.
- Spoon some chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set the balloon chocolate side down directly onto the chocolate.
- Repeat with the rest of the balloons.
- Transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place half of your Nutella into a snap seal bag. Set aside.
- Pour the rest of the Nutella into an electric mixer. Beat on a slow speed and add cream while mixing. Wipe the inside of the bowl so that the Nutella doesn’t stick. Whip until the mixture begins to form peaks.
- Take the balloons out of the freezer. Squeeze the balloon lightly so that the balloon pulls slightly away from the chocolate mold. Then, pop the balloon with a wooden skewer! Remove any excess balloon. Repeat with the rest of the balloons.
- Add Nutella mousse into each of the Ferrero Rocher bowls.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut a fine corner tip from the snap seal bag filled with Nutella. Drizzle Nutella over the tops of the mousse. Keep the drizzle inside the bowl.
- Place a Ferrero Rocher right in the center.
- Transfer to the fridge again for another hour.
MMMMM chocolate forever and ever! 🍫
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2h5NUCJ
What You’ll Need:
- 300ml whipping cream *about a 35% milk fat
- 100g Nutella (2-3 big spoonfuls for the mousse, depending on how hazel-nutty you want it + extra to drizzle)
- 400g melted milk or dark chocolate
- 1 Cup crushed peanuts
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates to garnish
- 4 small water balloons
- Snap seal bag
- Electric mixer
- Wooden skewer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips