If you have kids, chances are that you’ve thrown a Barbie party, or you’ve been to a Barbie party. The iconic doll has truly never gone out of style. Character cupcakes are great for birthdays! This is the PERFECT recipe if your kids love Barbie! For another Barbie recipe, check out my Ballerina Barbie Dance Cake
To make these delicious cupcakes, you’re going to need my famous chocolate cupcakes. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also want my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting! You can find that recipe here. To bring the whole thing together you’ll also need Barbie cupcake liners and a Barbie template. I guarantee these will be the life of your Barbie party!
- Place black candy melts in a snap seal bag. Cut a fine corner tip.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over your printable Barbie template.
- Use your snap seal bag of candy melts to outline the Barbie silhouettes. Then, fill in the rest of the outline. Trace over the cursive “Barbie,” writing as well.
- Transfer the candy melts stencils in the fridge to set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge. Slide a knife under the outlines and remove carefully from the parchment paper.
- Pipe a high swirl of buttercream frosting onto each cupcake. Then, place your Barbie candy melt silhouette onto the frosting so that she’s lined up with the silhouette on the wrapper. Repeat with another cupcake.
- Pipe pink buttercream frosting onto another cupcake. Then, use the back of a knife to smooth out the top of the cupcake. You want it to be a flat surface. Then, place the “Barbie,” lettering directly onto the center of the cupcake.
These cupcakes are SO pretty and SO pink! 💗
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gOjpp7
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Pink buttercream frosting
- Melted black candy melts
- Snap seal bag
- Piping bag
- Round open piping tip
- Barbie template
- Cupcake liners
- Parchment paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips