How great are push pops? No, not the candies you get from the ice cream truck, or the frozen Flintstones ones (sorry Fred!), but push pops for cake! It’s literally a dream come true for all the cake lovers. I mean, it’s basically a way to easily make cakes to go. That’s as good as it gets! While I’ve made Back to School Push Pops, but this one is is different because it features an amazing strawberry milkshake frosting recipe that I just came up with!
The true star of this recipe is the strawberry milkshake frosting. It’s what I based this entire recipe around. It’s so glossy and delicious, and I can’t wait to use it in further recipes. When mixing, you want to make sure you’re mixing with with the boiling water water pan under your bowl. This allows you to add heat without your frosting turning into pink scrambled eggs. It’s also important to have push pop containers!
- Boil an inch of water in a pan.
- Separate two eggs so that you only have egg whites. Add all ingredients to a steel bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at a high speed for about a minute.
- Take your boiling water off the heat and place your silver pan with frosting mixture on top of the pan.
- Beat on a medium speed and then gradually to a high speed for 7-10 minutes. Peaks should be forming.
- Add 1-2 drops of pink food coloring.
- Remove the frosting away from your heated pan. Transfer strawberry frosting to piping bag.
- Use a circle cutter and cut 2 circles of cake for each push pop.
- Grab a disk of cake and slide it into your push pop container. Add a thick layer of frosting (about the same height as your cake). Add another disk of cake and push it down on the frosting. Swirl frosting on top.
- Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles over the swirled frosting. Place a pink sprinkle ball on top.
- Cut your straw to about ⅓ of its original length. Stick it into the cake at an angle.
I hope this strawberry milkshake frosting becomes your favorite! What kind of push pop should I make next? 🍓
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gMBSAB
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cooked vanilla cake —Bake your layers around 1” thick and as neat and flat as possible
(I used a storebought vanilla sponge or you can cook up a packet mix)
Strawberry Milkshake Frosting:
- 1 cup Sugar (superfine / caster)
- ½ cup Strawberry Milk Powder
- ¼ cup Glucose or Clear Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 large Egg Whites
- Pink food colouring
- Pinch of salt
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Pink sprinkle balls
- Pink food coloring
- Push pop containers
- Decorative straws
- Disposable piping bag
- Steel bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Circle cutter (around the same size as the top of your push pop containers)
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips