I started baking because I loved sweets, and making them myself was honestly cheaper than buying them already made. Being thrifty is honestly how I got to be where I am today! I love taking something simple, and making it into something else so easily. Today, I’m going to show you how to make SEVEN different types of sprinkles that can be an amazing addition to any sweet recipe! Check out my very first video in which I use blue jello packed to frost this Cookie Monster Cupcake!
All of these recipes are no bake except for the Skittles. The Skittles need to be dried out in an extremely low temperature oven. Once they’re dried they are ready to go, and can be stored up for a month! This one is SO worth it!
What You’ll Need:
- Reeses Peanut Buttercups
- Boiled lollies
- Dessicated Coconut
- Jello packets
- Snap seal bag
- Food colouring
- Food processor
- Rolling pin
- Sharp knife
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Use a sharp knife to cut the peanut butter cups very finely. Sprinkle them directly over cakes or cupcakes, or press them against the cake wall.
- Preheat oven to the lowest possible temperature.
- Place Skittles in a food processor. Pulverize until candies are finely chopped.
- Transfer Skittle shavings to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place into the oven for 1-2 hours.
- Place the shavings through a sifter.
- Place M&Ms into a snap seal bag. Then, crush the M&Ms with a rolling pin until they are finely crushed. These M&Ms can vary in size. Perfect for cakes and cupcakes.
- Pour various colors of boiled lollies into a snap seal bag. Use a rolling pin to finely crush the candies.
- Place desiccated coconut into a snap seal bag.
- Add food colouring, and shake the bag to coat evenly.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper to dry out completely.
- Place colorful Florets into a snap seal bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the candy into a desired consistency. Could be more fine, or more chunky.
What’s your fave candy bar? Would you turn it into sprinkles? 🍬
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2i8Sn86
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips