My Cupcake Addiction is a place for wild, outrageous, and HUGE recipes. I love being that resource to my viewers, but today I wanted to give you guys a more simplistic recipe. I promise it’ll still have that My Cupcake Addiction flair. This is my Classic Birthday Cake with an Ice Cream Illusion. For more illusion cakes check out my Artist Paint Cake, and my Wonka Candy Drip Cake.
For this recipe, we’re just going over the decorating. We’re going to start off with my Rainbow Checkerboard Cake with a light crumb coat after setting in the freezer for 15 minutes. You’ll also need my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. The wonderful thing about this cake is that it’s pretty neutral. It’s no specific to age, gender, or anything. It’s just a rainbow cake topped with some desserts and candy, YUM!
- Start with an already crumb coated rainbow checkerboard cake that’s been frozen for 15 minutes. Use an offset spatula to smear on another layer of buttercream frosting.
- Use a ruler or cake scraper to scrape away any excess frosting for clean edges. Then, use an offset spatula to smooth any imperfections from the top of the cake.
- Take confetti sprinkles and press them against the bottom inch of the cake.
- Sprinkle some confetti sprinkles over the top of the cake.
- Stick the straw through the ice cream cone. Fill the ice cream cone with mini M&Ms, and stick a marshmallow on top of to cover it up.
- Place buttercream frosting in a snap seal bag. Use a pair of scissors to cut off a medium sized tip from the bag. Then, pipe a high swirl over the marshmallow covering the straw. Sprinkle the other sprinkles over the top. Place a red Jaffa right on top.
- Stick the straw through the center of the cake. Once you get towards the bottom of the straw, use a pair of scissors to help push the rest of the straw down into the cake.
- Stick a rainbow lollipop next to the ice cream. Stack 2 licorice all sorts on the top, as well.
You scream! I scream! We all scream for standing ice cream cone cake! 🎂
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hCRcOv
What You’ll Need:
- Rainbow Checkerboard Cake with crumb coat frosting
- Confetti sprinkles
- Another kind of sprinkle
- Mini ice cream cone
- Assortment of candy! (marshmallows, mini M&Ms, liquorice all sorts, red Jaffas candy, 2 small rainbow lollipops)
- Buttercream frosting
- Offset spatula
- Ruler/cake scraper
- Snap seal bag
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips