FOODBEAST is an awesome food news website that covers local food news, basic foundations for the kitchen, and some OUTRAGEOUS recipes (I mean, they’ve made Drunken Oreos!). I had the pleasure of collabing with Eli from FOODBEAST to create this awesome cake pop recipe that’s unlike anything I’ve done on this channel: these are my Beer Pong Cake Pops!
This is by no means a skill based recipe, but it does help if you’ve worked with cake pops before. Click here for my vanilla cake pop recipe. You’ll also need my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. This recipe is perfect for an outdoor BBQ! It’ll be a huge hit!
What You’ll Need:
- Sheet cake
- Red candy melts
- White candy melts
- Crumble sheet cake into a large bowl until it’s in very fine crumbles.
- Add a generous dollop of frosting. Stir until it becomes dough like.
- Line the mini red solo cups with Crisco. Place the cake pop dough into the mini red solo cups. Then, remove and form the mini cups and form it into the shape of the cups.
- Make a few circular cake pops for the ping pong balls.
- Place all of the cakepop pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Melt red and white candy melts.
- Remove cake pops from the fridge. Then, dip lollipop sticks into red candy melts for the cups, and white candy melts for the ping pong balls. Stick them through the bottom of each cake pop.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Once set, remove from the fridge. Dip the circular ping pong ball cake pops into the white candy melts. Dip the cups pops into the red candy melts. Let cake pops set on a styrofoam block.
- Once set, dip the top of the red cups into the white candy melts.
Who’s ready to kick off a summer BBQ with some BP?! 🏓 Or some cake pops!
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hyK2Om
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips