Have you ever wanted to give out a conversation heart, but it didn’t have quite the right thing to say? Fear not, because today I’m giving you a recipe so that you can make your very own Conversation Hearts! Click here to check out my Valentine’s Day recipe playlist.
To write your super romantic, fun, or silly messages, I strongly recommend purchasing an edible marker. You can also use food dye or cookie icing, but I can’t recommend the edible marker enough. It definitely have the cleanest presentation from all three options! It also looks extra personal if others can tell it was handwritten by you!
- Pour ¼ cup of Sprite into a saucepan, and add your packet of jello. Bring the jello mixture to a boil, stir, and remove it from heat. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add ½ cup of powdered sugar and beat with the electric mixer. Beat the sugar through. Add until the mixture begins to form a solid dough consistency.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of powdered sugar to your bench. Rub your hands with powdered sugar as well.
- Knead the jello dough until it’s no longer sticky. Let it set for minutes.
- Knead for another 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out so that it’s thin.
- Use heart cutters to cut out pieces from the dough. Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the hearts into the oven at the lowest possible setting. I did mine at 50C/120F for an hour on each side.
- Once completely dry, use the edible marker to write messages directly onto the hearts.
Share this with someone you love! 💕
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2ihukmK
What You’ll Need:
- 1 x pack of Jello / Jelly
- 3 cups (approx) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup clear soda
- Large bowl
- An edible marker, or food dye / cookie icing is needed to write your message
- Heart cutters (or whatever shapes you want to make!)
- Rolling pin
- Measuring cups
- Electric hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips