Have you ever wanted to give out a conversation heart, but it didn’t have quite the right thing to say? Fear not, because today I’m giving you a recipe so that you can make your very own Conversation Hearts! Click here to check out my Valentine’s Day recipe playlist.
To write your super romantic, fun, or silly messages, I strongly recommend purchasing an edible marker. You can also use food dye or cookie icing, but I can’t recommend the edible marker enough. It definitely have the cleanest presentation from all three options! It also looks extra personal if others can tell it was handwritten by you!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 x pack of Jello / Jelly
- 3 cups (approx) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup clear soda
- An edible marker, or food dye / cookie icing is needed to write your message
- Heart cutters (or whatever shapes you want to make!)
- Rolling pin
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Pour ¼ cup of Sprite into a saucepan, and add your packet of jello. Bring the jello mixture to a boil, stir, and remove it from heat. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add ½ cup of powdered sugar and beat with the electric mixer. Beat the sugar through. Add until the mixture begins to form a solid dough consistency.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of powdered sugar to your bench. Rub your hands with powdered sugar as well.
- Knead the jello dough until it’s no longer sticky. Let it set for minutes.
- Knead for another 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out so that it’s thin.
- Use heart cutters to cut out pieces from the dough. Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the hearts into the oven at the lowest possible setting. I did mine at 50C/120F for an hour on each side.
- Once completely dry, use the edible marker to write messages directly onto the hearts.
Share this with someone you love! 💕
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2ihukmK
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips