Eating chocolate mousse is honestly like eating a beautiful chocolate cloud. It’s rich, smooth, and airy. A lot of people never think to make mousse because they assume that it’s difficult, but I’m going to give you guys the easiest TWO ingredient recipe that will blow any dinner guest away. To make it even more fancy, I’ll also be showing you how to make a chocolate bowl! If you want another idea for a dessert dish that will impress your guests, check out this White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Cups recipe.
The chocolate cups to hold the mousse are honestly so easy to make, and are aesthetic, impressive, and tasty! This is a fun opportunity to be creative with these cups. I added white chocolate, raspberry, and mint, but you can run with this recipe however you like!
- Divide your whipping cream into two measuring cups so that there is 450 ml in one container, and 150 ml in another.
- Pour the 150 ml over the dark chocolate. Microwave for 30 second intervals, and stir in between. Set aside so that it can cool.
- Lightly drizzle white chocolate over the sphere molds. Run a knife along the top of the mold for clean edges. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Dollop half a teaspoon of white chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper. Use your spoon to spread the chocolate across the parchment paper. Place in a paper towel roll. Let set. Repeat with dark chocolate, as well.
- Take the sphere mold out of the fridge. Place a tablespoon of dark chocolate into the sphere mold. Use your spoon to run the chocolate up the walls of the mold. Do this for all the spheres. Run a knife along the top to clean up the top of the mold. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Pour your 450 ml of whipping cream into an electric mixer until it’s semi whipped. Mix on a low speed and slowly pour in the ganache. Mix until the beaters leave marks in the cream. Transfer to the fridge.
- Take the chocolate pieces out of the mold.
- Dip a smaller sphere from the chocolate mold and dip the rounded top into melted chocolate. Place it with the edge facing down. Take a larger sphere and place it right on top. Hold it to secure it in place. Repeat with the rest of the spheres.
- Peel the chocolate flourish from the parchment paper.
- Pipe your chocolate mousse into one of your marbled chocolate bowls. Place a chocolate flourish into the mousse, along with a raspberry. Then, a small piece of mint. Repeat this with the rest of the bowls.
I feel like I’m lying on a cloud, but it’s not a cloud…it’s chocolate mousse! ☁️️
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gChuyJ
What You’ll Need:
- 600ml whipping cream (35% milk fat)
- 200g dark chocolate (or milk!)
- For the chocolate bowls (these are extra ingredients if you want to take it a little further)
- 300g melted dark COMPOUND chocolate (compound chocolate doesn’t contain the ingredient cocoa butter)
- 100g melted white chocolate
- Fresh raspberries & mint to garnish
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips