I had the pleasure of working with Jenn from the YouTube channel Cookies, Cupcakes, and Cardio. We’ve collabed together in the past from separate continents away (I KNOW!) but it was so lovely to finally collab with her in person! Over on her channel, she did five Star Wars cupcakes. To watch her video, click here! Over on my channel, we’ve made Star Wars Lightsaber Cupcake Cakes!
For this cupcake cake, I think you’ll find two of my recipes very useful. You’re going to want a rich and decadent chocolate cupcake. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also want my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting! It’s so tasty and, in my opinion, the best recipe EVER! You’ll want to die it either red or green for your lightsaber, and set some aside and dye it brown. You can find my buttercream frosting recipe here. Cupcake cakes are perfect for kids parties. You don’t have to cut and serve a cake, and they’re not very messy. Trust me, you’ll want a cupcake cake at your kid’s next party!
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over the lightsaber handle template. Place your melted black candy melts in a snap seal bag, and use a pair of scissors to cut off the corner tip. Pipe directly onto the parchment paper along the outside edge of the template, then fill in. Place a circular red candy at the bottom of the handle in the center.
- Let it set for 5 minutes in the fridge.
- Line your 12 cupcakes in a straight line onto your foam board. Pace a smear of chocolate buttercream on the bottom of each cupcake to secure them in place.
- Take your brown frosting with the open piping tip and pipe a round and flat swirl on the bottom 3 cupcakes. Try to swirl the 3 tops into each other so that it somewhat blends together.
- Take your candy melts handle out of the fridge. Use your snap seal bag with black candy melts and zigzag the candy melts down the handle. Stop just before you reach the red circle candy.
- Place the 3 square candies above the circular red candy. Then, transfer to the fridge for another 5 minutes.
- Pipe red/green buttercream frosting onto the remaining 9 cupcakes. You want to do low, flat swirls that somewhat blend together.
- Use an offset spatula to blend the tops of the cupcakes to smooth them out so that they don’t look like individual cupcakes, rather one cohesive unit. Wipe your offset spatula, and smooth out the edges of the cupcake.
- Take your handle out of the fridge. Peel it off of the parchment paper. Place it directly on the first 3 brown frosted cupcakes.
- Take either your red/green sparkle gel and outline the outside edge of the lightsaber.
Trust me, you won’t have to use the force to get the kids to eat this 😋
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gMUKzz
What You’ll Need:
- 12 cupcakes per cupcake cake
- Buttercream Frosting (red/green, and brown)
- Red/green sparkle gels
- Circle and square red candies
- Melted black candy melts
- 3 Piping bags
- Open piping tips
- Lightsaber handle template
- Long foam board
- Snap seal bags
- Offset spatula
- Parchment Paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips