A lot of people show love and affection in different ways. For me, I like to say, “I love you,” with sweets! Today I’m going to be sharing my favorite way to say I love you: with my Rainbow Chocolate Brownie recipe! If you LOVE rainbow candy brownies, you’ll love my Instagram Rainbow Brownie.
For this recipe, be mindful of when selecting these candies to make a colorful heart. Remember, this is a chocolate brownie. Something like skittles won’t compliment the chocolate that well. Try and find various sized chocolate candies like M&Ms.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Place butter into a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a gentle boil.
- Turn heat OFF and then add dark chocolate stirring intermittently until the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place 3 eggs and sugar into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until they have almost doubled in size and are super light and fluffy. At least 7 minutes.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and gently fold the two together using big round figure 8 movements. Stop mixing as soon as you no longer see vanilla streaks through the chocolate batter.
- Re-sift the flour & cocoa evenly over the top of the chocolate mixture and fold together, again using the figure 8 action
**OPTIONAL – add 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks, or nuts as desired**
- Pour into baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray and lined on the base with baking paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The top should start to look a little flaky and the middle should spring back lightly when touched
- Remove from oven and make ganache while the brownie cools.
- Pour ganache over cooling brownie and allow it to completely cool in the pan before removing and cutting with a knife… or just eat it with a spoon while it’s warm. Also a great idea 🙂
- Use a knife to cut a heart shape out of the brownie.
- Add your colorful candy in the top color and the bottom color (so red on the top, and purple on the bottom). Then keep moving in. Orange for the layer below red, pink for the layer above purple. Then yellow below orange, blue above pink. Finally, green in the middle.
I love you guys and this brownie recipe from the bottom of my heart. My giant, rainbow candy heart! 💛💚💙💜
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gCCoOr
What You’ll Need:
- 185g | 6.5oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 200g | 7oz good quality dark chocolate
- 90g | 3.2oz plain flour
- 40g | 1.5 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 270g | 9.5 caster sugar
- 200g | 7oz dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips