If there’s one thing I’m willing to admit, I’m a sucker for a good trend. This wouldn’t be My Cupcake Addiction if I didn’t take some of those trends and turn them into cupcakes, like my rainbow cupcakes, donut cupcakes, and cactus cupcakes! One particular fruit is on the forefront of trends, and that is the pineapple! Today we’re going to take this sweet trend and bring them to cupcake form! This is my Pineapple Cupcakes with Pineapple Filling recipe!
For this recipe you’re going to need my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting, and you’re going to want to dye it yellow. You can find that recipe here. I love these cupcakes because they’re so cute, and also so tasty! The pineapple filling really makes this recipe unique, and brings in that extra sweet flavor. These are actually two cupcakes stacked on another, so don’t be shocked if they need a little bit more frosting than usual. Happy baking!
What You’ll Need:
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup of oil
- ¾ cup caster / superfine sugar
- 200g softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 20oz / 600g tin of crushed pineapple
- 2tbsp sugar
- Yellow Buttercream frosting
- Long chocolate sprinkles
- Green candy melts
- Coconut oil
- Yellow cupcake liners
- Take half the tin of pineapple and set aside to dry using absorbent paper towel.
- Place remaining portion of pineapple into a saucepan over medium heat along with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Cook until all liquid has evaporated, stirring regularly and remove from heat. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Place butter, sugar, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla into a medium bowl and mix on high speed approx. 3 minutes till light and fluffy.
- Add sifted flour and room temperature milk and mix until all ingredients are just combined – do not overmix.
- Fold through the drained pineapple.
- Line a cupcake tray with yellow cupcake cases. Fill each cupcake case approx. 2/3 full.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180c / 350f) for 12-15 minutes until the cupcake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
- Boil a pot of water. Once boiling, place a silver bowl over the pot, and turn off heat. This process is called double boiling. Add green candy melts and coconut oil to the silver bowl until the green candy melts are completely melted.
10. Place small squares of parchment paper on your bench. Then, dollop green candy melts to the center of the baking. Use the back of the spoon to smear the candy melts up and tapers to a point at the end. Create various sizes of small, medium, and large leaves. You’ll want about 7 per cupcake.
- Place the squares of parchment paper in a cut paper towel roll. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Once cooked, remove cupcakes immediately from the cupcake tray and allow to cool.
- Core out the centre of half of your cupcakes and fill with pineapple compote.
- Use the back of the knife to frost bright yellow buttercream frosting onto the top of your cupcake. Then, unwrap another cupcake and place it right on top. Do this for all of your cupcakes, and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the freezer once set. Use a knife to carve the top halves of the cupcakes so that they’re more round.
- Add a crumb coat of yellow frosting to the tops of your cupcakes. Then, add a second layer of frosting. Use your knife to create spikes on each cupcake by lightly tapping on the cupcake with the tip of your knife.
- Add 3 sprinkles at a time in about 5-10 sections of a cupcake. Repeat for all cupcakes.
- Use a sharp knife to make a couple of guide holes into your cupcakes. Then, place your 3 of your large candy melts into the top of the cupcake. Add medium and smaller candy melts in the center of those three.
These are PERFECT for summer! 🍍🍍🍍
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hnbn5C
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips