Today, there is a slang term called, “shipping,” where you want to see two people in a relationship. So if you still want Brad and Jennifer Aniston together, then you “ship,” them. I don’t really get TOO involved in celebrities and their relationships, so I ship my pajamas with a pair of fuzzy socks! As for sweets, I ship Oreos and Nutella. It’s like bringing two of the world’s greatest things together. And they’re both chocolate. This Nutella Oreo Cheesecake Jar is for all the Nutella and Oreo shippers out there. If you don’t ship this, or don’t like chocolate, you might want to check out some of my vanilla recipes! (like Candy Box Cake, rainbow layer cupcakes,or rainbow milkshake).
What really ties this entire recipe together are these mason jars! They feel really elegant and fun, yet also somewhat rustic. Something about this recipe reminds me of a warm campfire.
What You’ll Need:
- 20 (approx.) Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 80g / 3oz dark (or milk) chocolate
- 1 cup nutella (plus additional to decorate)
- 500g / 16oz softened cream, cheese
- 2 cups / 500ml whipping cream
- Chocolate squares
- KitKat bars
- Chocolate Pocky
- 6 mason jars
- Snap seal bags
- Rolling pin
- 1 large bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Piping bag
- Melt your chocolate with a double boiler method (boiling hot water in a pot, and a bowl covering the pot.) Or you can microwave for one minute intervals. Then, add half a cup of Nutella.
- Place Oreos directly into a snap seal bag. Make sure there’s no air in the bag. Crush the Oreos with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the finely crushed Oreos back into a bowl. Then, add melted butter. Mix well.
- Add cream cheese and remaining Nutella into a large bowl. Blend with an electric hand mixer. Then, add your melted chocolate and Nutella mixture. Mix together. Mix until it’s smooth and glossy.
- Pour your whipping cream into a large bowl. Beat until its semi whipped.
- Use a spatula to fold in your semi whipped cream to the chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- Fill the bottom of your jars with your Oreo base. Use the end of your rolling pin to set them firmly to the bottom of the jar.
- Transfer cream cheese mixture into a piping bag. Cut off the bottom tip with a pair of scissors. Fill mason jar with cream cheese mixture. Fill just before the rim of the jar. Repeat with the rest of your jars.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove jars from the fridge. Drizzle Nutella to the top and outside of your jar. Add a chocolate bar to the back of the jar, two Kit Kat pieces, and two pieces of Pocky to decorate. Repeat with all mason jars.
Chocolate overload 🍫 (but I love it!)
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hvq9rf
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips