One of the staples of the My Cupcake Addiction channel is my perfectly pipeable vanilla buttercream frosting. It’s one of my absolute favorites! It’s perfect for both cakes and cupcakes. It’s been featured on my Rainbow Unicorn Cake recipe, as well as my Social Media Cupcakes recipe, and honestly on so much for. Today, I want to give you my recipe for my perfectly pipeable Best Milk Chocolate Buttercream Frosting!
I also wanted to share with you some frosting style tips for buttercream frosting for a knife, round piping tip petal piping tip, and star piping tip.
Oh, and one final tip for if your buttercream splits:
Seriously, don’t panic! It’s an easy fix. It might feel kind of petrifying in the moment, but don’t let that stop you! You can fix your buttercream in less than 20 minutes!
What You’ll Need:
- 650g / 1lb 7oz Powdered sugar
- 225g / 8oz Butter, softened (eqv. 2 sticks)
- 100g / 3.5oz Milk chocolate, melted
- 30g / 1oz Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1-2 tbsp Whole milk
- Electric mixer
- Place softened butter into a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer (whisk or paddle attachment) for AT LEAST 5 minutes, until the butter has lightened in colour and is thoroughly whipped.
- Add vanilla essence and beat to incorporate.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and begin mixing on low speed. Beat on high speed for approx 2 minutes.
- Repeat this process one cup at a time until all of your –powdered sugar has been added.
- Add cocoa and mix for a further 2 minutes.
- Use your milk if your mixture becomes too thick or dry – add a dash at a time to thin the mixture out.
- Scrape down the sides as needed and make sure no white frosting is visible.
- Carefully melt your milk chocolate using a microwave (30 second intervals) or double boiler.
- Take your melted chocolate and quickly add it to your buttercream mixture. Immediately turn the mixer on high and get the chocolate mixing through before it begins to set.
- Moderate to desired consistency using remaining milk.
SOOOOO FLUFFY!!!!! I’m laying in a chocolate buttercream frosting cloud ☁️️☁️️☁️️
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gV0Bj7
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips