I know that much of the time when I’m thinking of recipes, I think big. Like…REALLY big. And extravagant. Like Surprise Inside Checkerboard Cakes, and Giant Donut Pinatas. Trust me, there’s always more huge, and exciting recipes coming, but today I wanted to bring it back to the basics. I’m going to be showing you how to make THE BEST chocolate cupcakes!
One of my favorite things to use for this recipe is a cookie scooper. Seriously! It makes it so that all of your cupcakes are even and well distributed. And it’s mess free! It’s a small utensil that ends up being a big game changer. For tips on styling, you can refer to my Chocolate Buttercream Frosting here, and my 7 Chocolate Decorations here.
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8 x 3 – inch round cake pans. Line the bottoms with rounds of parchment paper.
- In a mixer fitted with the whisk or paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until combined. Add the water, eggs, oil, and vanilla and beat on low speed until all ingredients are just combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture between the two pans and use an offset spatula to smooth the tops.
- Bake until a skewer inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Check first at 24 minutes, then each minute thereafter.
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line 28 cups of muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare the batter as directed. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with batter.
Bake until the center of a cupcake springs back when touched, 20 to 22 minutes. Check first at 18 minutes, then eah minute thereafter. Cool the cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Decorate to your liking! Refer to my 7 Chocolate Decorations video for reference!
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/BESTChocolateCake
What You’ll Need:
- 340g / 12oz Plain flour, sifted
- 315g / 11oz Caster sugar (USA – granulated)
- 225g / 8oz Butter, softened (eqv. 2 sticks)
- 225g / 8oz Water, room temperature
- 55g / 2oz Unsweetened cocoa
- 3 x 65g/2.2oz Eggs, room temperature (ex-large)
- 40g / 1.4oz Vegetable oil
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- Medium Bowl
- Offset Spatula
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer
- Cooling rack
- Cookie Scooper
- Parchment Paper
- Electric Mixer
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips