I know that much of the time when I’m thinking of recipes, I think big. Like…REALLY big. And extravagant. Like Surprise Inside Checkerboard Cakes, and Giant Donut Pinatas. Trust me, there’s always more huge, and exciting recipes coming, but today I wanted to bring it back to the basics. I’m going to be showing you how to make THE BEST chocolate cupcakes!
One of my favorite things to use for this recipe is a cookie scooper. Seriously! It makes it so that all of your cupcakes are even and well distributed. And it’s mess free! It’s a small utensil that ends up being a big game changer. For tips on styling, you can refer to my Chocolate Buttercream Frosting here, and my 7 Chocolate Decorations here.
What You’ll Need:
- 340g / 12oz Plain flour, sifted
- 315g / 11oz Caster sugar (USA – granulated)
- 225g / 8oz Butter, softened (eqv. 2 sticks)
- 225g / 8oz Water, room temperature
- 55g / 2oz Unsweetened cocoa
- 3 x 65g/2.2oz Eggs, room temperature (ex-large)
- 40g / 1.4oz Vegetable oil
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer
- Cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350f / 180c / Gas Mark 4
- Combine baking powder and flour together and stir to combine
- Add sugar, butter, water, eggs, cocoa, oil and vanilla and beat on low speed with an electric mixer using a whisk or paddle attachment until all ingredients are just combined
- Beat on high speed until mixture lightens in colour and becomes fluffy (approx. 1.5 – 2 minutes)
- Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake liners and fill each liner approximately two thirds to the top using a spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Place on the middle tray of your oven and bake for 14-18 minutes.
- Check at 14 minutes, then each minute thereafter until the centre of the cupcake springs back when touched. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Decorate to your liking! Refer to my 7 Chocolate Decorations video for reference!
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/BESTChocolateCake
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips