Ever since I posted my rainbow Instagram cake, I’ve been getting TONS of requests to make more social media desserts. I’m a lady of my word (even if it means I have to use only 140 characters or less!), and wanted to give you guys something really special. Today, I’m going to be showing you how to make Social Media Cupcakes!
For this recipe, you’re going to want to already have vanilla cupcakes ready. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also want to use my smooth buttercream frosting, and you can find that recipe here. Add red, yellow, light blue, and dark blue food coloring to represent each social media platform. You can add a bit of nutella to the remainder of your buttercream frosting to create a quick-hack chocolate frosting.
- Place melted white chocolate into a snap seal bag. With a pair of scissors, cut a fine corner tip from the bag. Then, lay a piece of parchment paper over your cupcake topper template. Outline the various social media logos. Start with the outline first, then fill in the rest. After outlining, tap the parchment paper on the bench to level off the chocolate. Set aside at room temperature.
- Use a knife to frost your cupcakes. Do not frost the cupcake with the social media wrappers on. Frost each cupcake to correspond with a frosting to match a social media platform. Use your knife to create a flat top frosted cupcake.
- Peel your white chocolate cupcake toppers off the wax paper. If they aren’t coming off easily, they might need to set longer. Size your topper up with your cupcake, and trim the bottom of the topper if needed. Then, place it directly into the center of the cupcake. Repeat with all cupcakes. For the Instagram cupcake, you can simply place a personal picture in the provided template and stick it on a toothpick, and use that as a topper for your cupcake.
- Put the social media templates over the cupcake wrappers, and enjoy!
What social media site are you going to share these on?
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2igU2ve
What You’ll Need:
- Vanilla cupcake recipe
- Buttercream frosting (red, yellow, light blue, dark blue, brown)
- Melted white chocolate/candy melts
- Snap seal bag
- Cupcake topper template
- Cupcake wrapper template 1
- Cupcake wrapper template 2
- Parchment Paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun pay planning tips