Transformers might be robots in disguise, but some of the recipes here at My Cupcake Addiction are sweets in disguise! Like with Chocolate Ramen Dessert Bowls, or Popsicle Piñata Cookies. They’re one of my favorite things to make. They’re the ultimate food surprise, and prove that nothing is quite as they seem. Today, my recipe in disguise is Pizza Cupcakes!
For this recipe you’ll need my buttercream frosting recipe dyed red, and a light brown. To create that light brown color for the crust, just add a bit of cocoa to the white buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. You can really have fun with the toppings and kind of make them your own, and change up the candies! Just remember to keep them mini 🙂
- Cut off three small slices from your green Twizzler, and cut each of those into four smaller pieces. These should be very fine. Then, cut off the butts of a few of your light red Jelly Bellys. Finally, slice your dark red Jelly Bellys.
- Use a cheese grater, and grate your white chocolate.
- Dollop red frosting to the center of the cupcake. Spread it out, but not all the way to the edges. You should still be able to see some of the cupcake showing through. Use your knife to give the frosting a flat top.
- Sprinkle your grated white chocolate directly onto the red frosting with a spoon.
- Place your light brown frosting into a snap seal bag. Use a pair of scissors to cut off a generous corner tip. Pipe light brown frosting around the outermost edge.
- Use a knife to smooth out the sides of the pizza.
- Place your cut up candies onto the red frosting!
Yum! Gimme a piece-a that pizza cupcake! 🍕🍕🍕
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2jBbDQl
What You’ll Need:
- Plain vanilla cupcakes baked in a red and white gingham wrapper
- Butter cream frosting (half red, half white with a hint of cocoa)
- Unmelted white candy melts or chocolate melts
- Candies (light red, dark red and yellow Jelly Bellys and a green Twizzler)
- Snap seal bag
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips