One of the greatest joys of going to the carnival is eating/trying a bunch of new food. I mean, where else would you plan to eat your deep fried milk and cookies or donut burgers (I checked, these both exist!)? In the past, I’ve disguised desserts into hamburgers and cookies into sushi. Today, I’ll be disguising desserts to appear as some of your favorite carnival treats!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Twinkie
- 2 lollipop stick
- Melted red candy melts
- Pound cake
- Brown sugar
Frozen Ice/Snow Cone:
Ice Cream Pinatas:
- 3 mini ice cream cones
- Multi colored sprinkles
- 3 mini meringues
- Melted dark chocolate
- Dip your lollipop stick an inch into your red candy melts, and push the lollipop stick through the bottom of Twinkie.
- Tap your red candy melts on the bench. Then, stick the top of your Twinkie directly into the red candy melts.
- Place the Twinkie in a piece of polystyrene to set.
- Repeat previous three steps to make another Corndog Twinkie.
- Slice your pound cake. Trim the sides off of each pound cake, but keep the crust on both the top and the bottom. Then, cut that slice into roughly four large rectangles. This should resemble the shape of a french fry. Repeat with the rest of the pound cake, or until you have a desired amount of pound cake fries.
- Roll the pound cake fries into brown sugar. Place them in a french fry container or mini deep fryer rack.
- Frost ⅓ of your vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting. Scrape off any excess frosting. Then, dip your frosting into the blue sanding sugar. You should still see the white buttercream frosting poking through, so don’t over sand it.
- Add your second ⅓ of frosting in the center of the cupcake. Dip the cupcake into your yellow sanding sugar.
- Frost the final ⅓ of your cupcake. Dip the cupcake into the red sanding sugar.
- Use the palm of your hand to smooth out the cupcake, and make everything even.
- Cut the top peak off of your mini meringues.
- Take your mini ice cream cones and fill them with candy. Use a spoon to drizzle melted dark chocolate along the inside rim of your ice cream cone.
- Place a meringue on top of the ice cream cone. Drizzle your melted chocolate over the meringue. Add sprinkles!
- Place another meringue on top of your bottom meringue. Drizzle melted chocolate and sprinkles.
- Add your top meringue to the ice cream cone and add a melted chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
Which one of these treats are you going to bring onto the ferris wheel? 🎡
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gC29OO
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips