There’s nothing more thoughtful than hand making a gift for Valentine’s Day or an anniversary. It’s a great way to show how much you care! With today’s recipe, I wanted to bring forth a handmade gift that’s completely edible, and incorporates what I know best: chocolate! This Chocolate Candy Box is the perfect way to say, “I love you!” For more Valentine’s Day recipes, check out my Miniature Valentine’s Day Heart Cakes.
Helpful hint: do not use cold chocolate for this recipe. Putting the chocolate in the fridge or freezer prior to assembling will cause the chocolate to be brittle. Feel free to add whatever candy or fruits to your chocolate box. I used strawberries, chocolate truffles, and Hershey’s Kisses, but make it special for your special someone!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 blocks of chocolate(one divided into squares)
- Fresh strawberries
- Candy truffles
- 1 gumball
- Dark candy melts
- Boiling water
- Snap seal bag
- Sharp knife
- Baking Sheet
- Pour boiling water into a baking sheet, and rest the blade of your knife in the hot water. Wipe the blade completely dry. Working with room temperature chocolate, cut 1/5 of the chocolate bar off. Reheat the knife, and repeat with the second block. Reheat again, and repeat on a third block of chocolate. On the third block, also cut the bar in half lengthwise. Take your two short ends from earlier and cut them to the same width as your base.
- Have your 8 square base facing block side up, Have the two length sides and the two short ends facing brick side down. Place your dark candy melts in a snap seal bag and cut off a generous tip from the corner with a pair of scissors. Trace a line of candy melts around the base.
- Take your two short end pieces and place them directly on the candy melts on the base piece of chocolate. Support until the chocolate sets. Run a line of candy melts on the inside of the length pieces and place them on the base one at a time. Support as needed. Smooth any edges. Let set.
- On another 8 square block of chocolate, use candy melts to glue on a gumball directly in the center of your block. This will be the lid of your box. Let set.
- Add fresh strawberries and candy truffles directly into the chocolate box.
Who do you want to share this with? 😘
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2i7kR6x
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips