You can never have too much chocolate (it’s true, I’ve tried). I was inspired to make something centered around a beloved chocolate candy: Toblerones! I’ve made a Toblerone No Bake Tart in the past, but this time around I wanted to use Toblerones to make Toblerone Chocolate Cupcakes! In this recipe, we have a rich chocolate cupcake with a Toblerone ganache inside, Toblerone buttercream frosting, a Toblerone ganache drizzle, and a garnished Toblerone chocolate on top. I told you, there’s no such thing as too much chocolate.
What makes this recipe so delicious is all the rich and decadent chocolate. The chocolate cupcake recipe can be found here. You’ll also want a sweet, sweet buttercream frosting. You are free to decorate these cupcakes however you please, but I have some simple chocolate decorations that you can use with basic kitchen items. I decorated these cupcakes with a crinkled chocolate, and a triangular shard with small waffle bowls. You
can learn how to make these, along with five other chocolate decorations here.
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate decorations
- Buttercream frosting
- 150ml/ ⅔ cup of whipping cream
- To make your Toblerone ganache, pour your 150ml/ ⅔ cups of whipping cream over your 400 grams of Toblerone. Microwave for 30 seconds intervals and stir between. Toblerones melt fairly quickly, so make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Once melted, put 3 tablespoons of your ganache directly into the buttercream frosting. Stir thoroughly, and put the buttercream frosting into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Use a knife to core out the center of your cupcakes. You want a pretty deep well in the center so that you can later add the Toblerone ganache. With your cores, cut off the tops of the cores and set them aside for later. You’ll use those to make a lid for that open well you just created.
- Pour your ganache into the center of each of the cupcakes. Then, use the saved tops from early and place them over the top of the ganache filled well in the cupcakes.
- Once your buttercream is cool, transfer it from the bowl into a piping bag with an open piping tip. Use a rather large piping tip so that the chunks of Toblerone don’t create a blockage in the piping bag.
- Pipe a round and high swirl on each of the cupcakes. Then, dip your spoon in the Toblerone ganache and lightly drizzle the ganache over the frosting.
- Decorate your Toblerone cupcakes! You may decorate however you choose. I used 3 Toblerone chocolates, a gold brushed crinkled-looking piece of chocolate, and a triangular chocolate with small waffle bowls.
Look at all that chocolate! I challenge you to add more! 🍫
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hmSGPu
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips