Welcome to the first ever episode of Sweet Styling! I’m kickstarting this new series by showing you step by step how to throw your very own party with DIYs, recipes, and decor. Summertime reminds me of warm days, and cool glasses of lemonade; and is the inspiration for this episode. This is how to plan your own summer party!
For today’s DIY, we’re going to be making paper rosettes to help bring together our overall presentation. Our dessert table is actually going to be a set of white shelves, and these colorful rosettes are really going to pop!
What You’ll Need:
- Colorful tissue paper (pinks, reds, and yellows for the lemonade theme)
- Double sided tape
1. Accordion style fold your tissue paper.
- Tie a piece of string around the center.
- Use a piece of double sided tape to tape the edges together.
- Tape to the wall!
For decor, you can also use these printable lemonade labels! It adds color and ties together the theme of the party.
For our recipe, we’re going to make lemon poppyseed cupcakes with raspberry frosting IN a lemon! The flavor combination is the epitome of summer, and I want to keep it nice and citrus-y.
- Mini lemon poppyseed cupcakes
- Raspberry frosting
- Sharp Knife
- Large spoon
- Piping bag
1. Slice a small amount from the bottom and top of your cupcake.
2. Use a large spoon to hollow out the lemon.
- Place a mini cupcake directly into the hollowed out lemon.
- Pipe Raspberry frosting to the top of your lemon.
- Place the lemon hat directly onto the frosting. You can also dress them with mini straws or umbrellas.
To also add to my dessert table both as a treat and as an aesthetic, I made homemade ice cream and put them in cute mason jars. Then, I put the mason jars over ice for the display.
And these bright colored lemonades! They’re both visually pleasing, and tastefully delicious! It will keep your guests hydrated on these hot summer days!
I’ve totally repurposed this bookshelf to make it my display for my summer party! Some shelves are decorated for candy, some for desserts, and some for floral arrangements. Like our citrus floral arrangement!
What You’ll Need:
- Citrus slices
- Add water and lemon slices to a vase. Then, place flowers in the vace!
Just keep everything light, floral, and citrus-y for this party. It will be the talk of the summer!
-Watch the full video on YouTube https://youtu.be/ym-Op481ERk
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips