I had the honor of making an appearance on the show Home and Family on the Hallmark channel, and have received a lot of requests for the recipe I made. So today I’m going to show you how to make this refreshing, and sweet Strawberry Shortcake Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich.
One of the best parts about this recipe is its flexibility. You could easily make a few alterations to make a mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich.
- Add your whipping cream, condensed milk, and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Using your hand mixer, whip until it’s at soft peaks. It should be more stiff than a liquid, but still somewhat runny. Do not over whip.
- Add half of the ice cream mixture straight into a tray. Use a spatula to disperse evenly. Then, add your strawberries on top of the mixture. Place them as close together as possible (there’s going to be a lot of strawberries!). Pour the rest of your mixture into the tray. Use a spatula to disperse evenly.
- Level off your ice cream by tapping the tray on your bench. Then, cover in plastic wrap. Transfer to the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours (if you can freeze overnight, that’s even better!)
- Have your Oreo cookies at the ready. Use your circle cutter and press down firmly into the ice cream. You should have a clean scoop in the cutter. Push your ice cream through the top of the circle cutter and onto the Oreo. Place another Oreo cookie on top of the ice cream.
- For choc-mint, use mint chocolate chip ice cream and stack it between two chocolate Oreo cookies.
Enjoy! These Oreo ice cream sandwiches are so berry sweet! 🍓🍓🍓
-For the full printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2iYO4he
What You’ll Need:
- 12 white / golden Oreo cookies with the cream scraped out (switch with regular Oreos for mint version)
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 cups whipping cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract (with for 3 drops mint essence & 1 tsp green food colouring for mint version)
- 1 16oz punnet fresh strawberries, thickly sliced (switch with 1 cup mini choc chips for mint version)
- Circle cutter (about 1 inch)
- Hand mixer
- Large bowl
- Baking tray (must be freezer safe)
- Plastic wrap
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips