I love putting the My Cupcake Addiction twist on common desserts. When tackling the classic tiramisu, I thought about all the ways I can make it both simple and over the top. I’m going to be showing you how to make a Deconstructed Tiramisu with chocolate mousse in an edible chocolate cup!
My goal for this recipe was to give you something that was restaurant quality that you can easily make from home. Just by using high quality ingredients, and taking the time to decorate your plate, you can easily make an impressive, decedent, and beautiful dish. Do not underestimate this Deconstructed Tiramisu. While it may be a fairly easy recipe, it gives classy results!
- Add 2 tablespoons of Starbucks Pike’s Place ground coffee into a French press, and add ½ cup of boiling hot water. Let brew for four minutes.
- Combine 50ml of cream with 75g dark chocolate and microwave on 30 second intervals until the chocolate has completely melted. There should be no lumps. Allow to cool.
- Once brewed, pour your coffee into a mug and transfer it to a freezer to rapidly cool.
- Take your melted dark chocolate (without the heavy cream), and divide them evenly between two paper cups. Rotate the cups so that the chocolate evenly coats the inside. Let any excess chocolate drip out. Scrape away any excess chocolate from the rim of the cup with a knife. Transfer to the freezer.
- Pour your whipping cream into a bowl and whip it to soft peaks – do not over whip. Fold the cooled chocolate mixture along with the 3 tablespoons of the cooled coffee mixture into the semi-whipped cream. Transfer the mousse into the fridge.
- Now you’re going to brew your coffee to pair with your Deconstructed Tiramisu. Add 2 tablespoons of Starbucks Pike’s Place ground coffee into a French press, and add ½ cup of boiling hot water. Recommended brewing time is 4 minutes, but I personally prefer my coffee to brew for 10 minutes.
- Place 5-6 coffee beans on one corner of the plate. Take a little powdered chocolate and sift over the coffee beans. Stack sponge fingers in a neat pile in the middle of the plate.
- Take your paper cups out of the freezer. Press gently on the base of the cup and release the chocolate from within to reveal 2 small chocolate cups. Set them on your plate.
- Using a zip seal bag or piping bag, pipe the mousse mixtures into 2 prepared chocolate cups.
- Pour your coffee, serve, and enjoy!
This recipe may have coffee, but I promise you won’t feel bitter about trying to make it! ☕
For the full printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2j1G9Cd
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups strong black coffee
- 12 sponge fingers (ladyfingers) (6 per portion)
- 150g dark chocolate (to make chocolate cups)
- A little powdered chocolate or cocoa to serve
- 250ml cream, divided
- 75g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of strong coffee
- French Press
- Electric Hand Mixer
- 2 paper cups
- Piping bag
- Open piping tip
- Gold spoons for decor
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips