The holidays are truly the most wonderful time of the year. There’s nothing like the three F’s: friends, family, and food! For today’s recipe, I’m going to be showing you how to make a Cookie Christmas Advent Calendar! What makes this advent calendar so over the top is the “glass.” You can break open the Jolly Rancher glass with a candy cane! This really is a totally unique way to countdown the 12 days to Christmas. For more Christmas recipes, check out my Chocolate Kit Kat Christmas Forest, and Chocolate Candy Christmas House.
For this advent calendar, you’ll need my delicious sugar cookie dough recipe. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also want a 12 piece cupcake tin, for the 12 days of Christmas! You can purchase a 12 piece cupcake tin here. Make sure to not over bake your cookies, especially once you add the Jolly Rancher pieces. This is sure to to be the most exciting advent calendar anyone’s ever seen!
What You’ll Need:
- Cookie dough (you’ll only be using ½ of this batch)
- White candy melts
- Crushed Jolly Ranchers/hard candy
- Various candy
- 12 piece cupcake tin
- Rolling pin
Snap seal bags
- Round cookie cutter (roughly the same size as the circles on your cupcake tin)
- Small 1 inch holiday cookie cutters
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Sprinkle flour onto your bench. Knead your chilled cookie dough. Then, use a rolling pin to roll it out so that it’s still pretty thick.
- Slide a piece of parchment paper under your cookie dough, and roll the rest of the dough on the parchment.
- Cut out 12 circles from the cookie dough, and discard the excess cookie dough.
- Use your small holiday cookie cutters to cut various shapes from the center of each cookie.
- Refrigerate your cookies for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven. Place crushed Jolly Ranchers in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Place your cookies in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Stuff your cupcake tray with various candies.
- Place melted white chocolate into a snap seal bag. Cut off a fine corner tip from the bag. Pipe white chocolate around the circle of the cupcake tin. Place your cookie right on top. Do this for all the circles on your cupcake tin.
- Add a bow to the top of your cupcake tin.
You’ve never seen an advent calendar quite like this! 🎄 Happy holidays!
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hw9l0m
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips