While preparing for Easter, I caught myself browsing a lot on Pinterest.I came across a DIY for beautiful lace eggs. There was just one problem: they weren’t edible! So today, I wanted to make something that was simple, elegant, and edible with DIY Chocolate Lace Easter Eggs! Click here to check out my Easter Rock Road recipe.
When making these eggs, just be mindful of what you want to put in the egg. Heavy candy will make your candy melts break. I suggest adding another smaller lace egg inside. You can even make it another color to really make it pop!
What You’ll Need:
- Melted candy melts
- Easter egg mold
- Snap seal bag
- Variety of candy
- Place your melted candy melts into a snap seal bag. Cut a fine tip from the bottom corner of the bag with a pair of scissors.
- Create various squiggly lines inside the Easter egg mold. Your lines may overlap it a few times, but you do not want it to be a full solid color.
- Run a layer of candy melts along the top edge of your mold. Run your finger along the edge for a smooth, clean line.
- Repeat the previous two steps on the other half of the mold. Then, transfer to the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Gently remove the frozen candy melts from the Easter egg mold. If you want to add something in the center of the egg, make sure it’s something light. You could even add a smaller chocolate lace egg inside!
- Run a layer of candy melts along the edge of the chocolate Easter eggs. Place the other half on top. Run your finger along the edges for a clean line. Let it set.
Beautiful lace Easter eggs that you can eat! 🐣
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2j4M6Ow
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips