I’m all about cakes that you can customise to suit the recipient. This cake is super simple to make, bright and colourful and SO easy to customise. I know Alec would love peanut m&m’s, choc coated peanuts and mini PB cups (seeing a pattern there?) and Ollie would go crazy for gummi worms, gummi bears, mini m&ms and skittles. To each their own!
This cakes such a great all-rounder – It’s gender neutral, occasion neutral, and easily customizable. Have heaps of fun with the candies that you select for your eight spots – the possibilities are endless!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 large, thin blocks of white chocolate
- LOTS of candies (gummies, chocolates, etc…)
- 1 pack Pink pocky
- 2 cups of Sprinkles
- 1 large rainbow lollipop
- Assorted small lollipops
- 1 batch Buttercream frosting
- 1 batch white chocolate mud cake baked in a sheet pan, cut into 3 rectangles
- Smear some buttercream frosting onto your cake board. Place one of your cakes onto the center. Spread a thin layer of buttercream frosting, and stack another cake layer. Repeat with you second cake. Stack your third cake, but do not frost.
- Before frosting that top layer, line your chocolate bar up length wise with your cake. Cut off excess cake so that your white chocolate bar and cake are roughly the same size. You want your bar to just be slightly larger to account for frosting.
- Finish frosting the rest of the cake. Set aside.
- Place your white chocolate face down (squares facing the bench) on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Turn your hair dryer onto medium heat and low speed and dry the back of your white chocolate bar. Do not overheat the chocolate. This should take about 10 seconds. Rotate the dryer around the edges of the chocolate bar so the heat covers the bar evenly. Cover the white chocolate bar entirely with lots of sprinkles. Distribute evenly, and press down gently. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the previous step with the other three bars of white chocolate.
- Spread more buttercream frosting on the two length sides of your cake, and place the white chocolate bar with the sprinkled side facing out.
- Line the white chocolate bar up to the width of the cake. Make a mark in your white chocolate where it needs to be cut. Using a sharp knife, cut the bar in several long strokes for a clean even cut (you may also use a hot knife for a similar effect). Spread your buttercream frosting on the width of the cake and place your white chocolate bar with the sprinkled side facing out. Repeat with the other width side of the cake.
- Using an offset spatula, spread more buttercream frosting to the top of the cake. Place two pieces of Pocky directly down the middle of your cake. Break off any excess pieces. Line up three pieces of Pocky on the top half, and another three on the bottom half. Break off any excess. This should create 8 even boxes.
- Add your favorite candies to each of the sections. Have fun arranging them!
- Place your large rainbow lollipop in the top half of the cake. Don’t place it too close to the length wall.
- Take the assorted color lollipops and place them wherever you’d like in the cake for more candy and extra color.
A box made of cake?! AND CANDY?! This is a dream come true! 🍭
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2jD2SBQ
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for new videos each week!
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily!
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram – Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
–Sign up to my #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips