They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day & while this certainly isn’t the by any means a balanced breakfast – it’s perfect for anyone who believes breakfast shouldn’t just be served in the AM!
I loved foods in disguise that appear one way, and taste another. I’ve done food in disguise with pizza cupcakes, popsicle pinata cookies & carnival treats! This is my Cake Breakfast!
For this recipe, I highly recommend that you use my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting. Store bought frostings will tend to “slop,” over the edges of your cupcakes. You can find my recipe for my buttercream frosting here.
- Make your cake batter in a large bowl using a hand mixer. ¾ fill four cupcake liners. Place them in the oven and bake 14-16 minutes at 170c / 350f. Once done, remove from the oven and let stand.
- Spray your waffle iron with nonstick spray. Use an ice cream scoop to dollop cake batter into two sections of the waffle maker. Use a spatula to evenly spread the mix out. Press the lid down into the batter and let your cake waffles cook. They’ll cook in about half the time it would take for a waffle to cook.
- Let the waffles cool completely in the waffle maker. Run a knife around the outside edges to help remove the waffles from the machine. Then, cut your waffles in half and place both halves on two serving plates. Also, place two cupcakes each onto those serving plates, as well.
- Pipe a low swirl onto your cupcake. It should be piped to the very outside edge. Then, use the back of a knife to smooth out the frosting. Place a bright yellow candy melt onto the cupcake just off center. Repeat with the rest of your cupcakes.
- Pour your caramel syrup directly over your waffles. Place a yellow Starburst on top to represent your cube of butter. Drizzle caramel over the butter, too. Repeat on the second waffle.
- Place your red, orange, and pink Jelly Bellys in a small bowl and drizzle them with strawberry syrup. Use a spoon to mix the jelly beans so that the strawberry syrup coats them equally. Serve half onto each plate.
Breakfast or dessert? You decide… 🍳
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2ibXebk
What You’ll Need:
- Red, orange and pink jelly beans
- Strawberry syrup or ice cream topping
- Caramel syrup or ice cream topping
- Yellow starburst (for the butter)
- Yellow candy melts
- 1 batch vanilla cake
- 1 batch of my buttercream frosting
- Disposable piping bags
- Round piping tip
- Cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- Waffle maker
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Ice Cream Scoop
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for new videos each week!
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily!
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram – Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
–Sign up to my #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips